NFL fantasy musings for Week 14
What time is it? It's fantasy football playoff time! Is everybody excited? You bet your PPR I am. I've got playoff matchups in three leagues, and it's win or go home for the final playoff spot in a fourth league this weekend. It hasn't been easy juggling all these teams at once, but it sure has been fun. The only downside are the multiple personalities I've developed while rooting both for and against just about every player in the NFL this season. Ah, I love this game.
• I'll tell you what else I love --
• I'm beginning to think this whole injunction mess will backfire on the Williams boys in Minnesota. If they start serving their suspensions this week, at least they'll be available for the playoffs. If they're allowed to play this week, or even next week while the federal courts sort this out, and the judge ultimately rules in the NFL's favor, what then? The heart and soul of Minnesota's run defense is all of a sudden MIA when it counts the most. Then again, without those two clogging up the middle for these last four games, do the Vikings even have a chance of making the postseason? If you're a Minnesota D/ST owner, thank goodness the scales of the federal justice system are on the case. They work much, much slower than
• Speaking of suspensions,
• I don't own him, but
• You know who else has looked dumb lately? Me. You see, at the beginning of the season, I pegged
• Rivers wasn't the only player I've been wrong on this season.
• Since we're talking about busts, I'll mention the bust no one is talking about --
• Before we part ways, allow me to complain about a little something that's been bothering me. I've been hearing a lot of experts out there singing the same tune about
Did I mention that I started Tomlinson in one league this week?