Fantasy football players had high hopes for both David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen in 2019 but neither running back lived up to their pre-season Average Draft Position. In his rookie season, Montgomery finished as the 24th rusher in PPR leagues and Cohen finished 27th. But on a points per game basis, both backs averaged less than 11 points per game which was 34th and 38th among backs. Needless to say, it was frustrating to have either of these backs on your fantasy roster in 2019. According to the latest ADP data, Montgomery’ is the 25th back coming off draft boards while Cohen is 37th. Why the disparity in their ADP when both backs finished the season with very similar fantasy points? That’s what we asked Sports Illustrated’s fantasy football analyst Ben Heisler and BearsDigest’s Gene Chamberlain in the attached video.
MORE FROM SI FANTASY
- Latest Dynasty Rankings
- Late Round-Flier: Justin Jackson
- Has D.J. Chark's Draft Value Jumped the Shark?
- Mid-Round Steal: Hayden Hurst
- Target Philip Rivers: Dirt-Cheap Backup
- Late-Round Flier: Preston Williams
- How Many Rushing Yards Will Melvin Gordon Have?
- Tennessee Titans Team Outlook
- Are You Going Back to the Well for James Conner?
- Browns WR Odell Beckham Will Reignite His Fantasy Dominance