Cleveland Indians (78-81) at Texas Rangers (59-100)
Friday, October 1, 2021
7:05 PM CT
Globe Life Field | Arlington, TX
TEX: RHP Spencer Howard (0-4, 7.04 ERA)
CLE: RHP Eli Morgan (4-7, 5.27 ERA)
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Radio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLC
TV: Bally Sports Great Lakes
Radio: WTAM, WMMS
Texas Rangers Starting Lineup
- DH Willie Calhoun
- SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- RF Adolis García
- 1B Nathaniel Lowe
- 3B Andy Ibáñez
- LF DJ Peters
- 2B Nick Solak
- C Jose Trevino
- CF Leody Taveras
Cleveland Indians Starting Lineup
- CF Myles Straw
- SS Amed Rosario
- 3B José Ramirez
- DH Harold Ramirez
- RF Bradley Zimmer
- LF Oscar Mercado
- 1B Bobby Bradley
- C Austin Hedges
- 2B Andrés Giménez
Rangers Minor League Recap
Triple-A Round Rock rallied in the ninth inning for a 3-1 win at Sugar Land on Thursday night. After Ryan Dorow hit a game-tying solo home run with one out in the ninth, Josh Jung followed with a double before Sam Huff belted a go-ahead two-run homer to give the Express the lead they wouldn't surrender.
Rangers History Today: A Wild 7th Inning and ... a Bat Flip
On this day in 2015, the Texas Rangers took on the Toronto Blue Jays in Game 5 of the ALDS, one of the postseason's most bizarre games.
Rangers History Today: Second Trip to World Series Has to Wait
On this day, the Texas Rangers were eager to get back to the World Series. But the Detroit Tigers had other ideas.
Hot Stove: Can The Rangers Really Land a Big-Name Shortstop in Free Agency?
The Texas Rangers are locked and loaded to spend this winter, but there are more variables than money when courting free agents.
Jung has a 16-game hitting streak during which he has slashed .418/.466/.716/1.182 with four home runs and 13 RBI. Huff has three homers in six games with the Express since being promoted there at the end of the Double-A season.
The Express have won three straight and are tied for the league lead with a 5-2 record in the Triple-A Final Stretch, the season-ending 10-game span in which a final league champion will be crowned.
Rangers Injury Report
10-Day Injured List
60-Day Injured List
- Matt Bush (right flexor strain): Bush is currently on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Round Rock.
- Kyle Cody (right shoulder surgery): Cody underwent labral debridement surgery on his shoulder on September 29. The hope is he's ready for the second half of the 2022 season.
- Ronald Guzmán (torn meniscus in right knee): Guzmán underwent successful season-ending knee surgery on April 28. He's been taking part in baseball activity, and could start hitting during batting practice soon.
- Jonathan Hernández (Tommy John surgery): Hernández underwent Tommy John surgery on April 12, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He is set to begin throwing out October 11 and is expected to return to big league games in June 2022.
- John King (left shoulder inflammation): King underwent thoracic outlet surgery on September 17. He is expected to be ready for spring training.
- José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery on March 31, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months. Leclerc and Jonathan Hernández have been rehabbing together.
- Nick Snyder (right shoulder fatigue): The Rangers did not find any structural damage in Snyder's shoulder, but he is out for the remainder of the season.
- Eli White (right elbow strain): White underwent surgery on September 15 to repair the UCL in his right elbow. The internal brace procedure was performed by team physician, Dr. Keith Meister. Recovery time is expected to be approximately six months. The Rangers expect him to be ready for the latter portion of spring training.
- Hunter Wood (right UCL sprain): Wood underwent surgery on June 28 on his right elbow in Arlington. Dr. Keith Meister inserted an internal brace in the elbow. Wood is expected to be sidelined for a minimum of eight months
Additional injury note: Sherten Apostel had surgery to repair cartilage in his knee. Like John King, he should also be ready for spring training.
More From SI's Inside The Rangers:
- Rangers Announce 2021 Minor League Award Winners
- García Sets Rangers Rookie HR and RBI Record in Comeback Victory Over Angels
- Rangers Minor League Notes: Josh Jung Is 'Well Ahead Of His Years'
Make Sure To Like 'Inside The Rangers' on Facebook