The latest news from around the NBA as the trade deadline approaches.
Buzz about potential NBA moves is heating up as the trade deadline stands just two days away.
Two of the biggest question marks before Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET deadline are the intentions of the two Los Angeles teams.
The Lakers are now less likely to attempt to shed pricey contracts at the deadline because they’re not as interested in going after a big-name free agent this summer, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports. They’re more likely to target a star free agent in the summer of 2019, a class that includes Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard.
The Clippers, meanwhile, are still listening to offers on DeAndre Jordan and have heard from the Rockets, Bucks, Wizards and Blazers, ESPN’s Zach Lowe reports. Wojnarowski said on Lowe’s podcast, though, that the Blazers have “backed away a bit” from their pursuit of Jordan. Lowe also said the Blazers have been rejecting offers for Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum.
More trade news from around the league
• Three frontrunners have emerged in the sweepstakes for Grizzlies guard Tyreke Evans: Boston, Denver and Philadelphia. The Heat also remain engaged in talks. (ESPN)
• The Magic are interested in trading for DeAndre Jordan, and a deal for Jordan would likely involve Marcin Gortat. (ESPN)
• The Magic are willing trade anyone besides Jonathon Isaac and Aaron Gordon, with Elfrid Payton the most likely to be traded. (ESPN)
• The Hawks have informed Marco Belinelli that he "is on course" to be traded before the trade deadline, but didn't tell him where he will be traded to. (New York Times)
• The Cavs are “trying hard” to dump Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith’s salaries. (USA Today)
• The Cavs remain engaged with the Kings regarding a potential deal for point guard George Hill (Yahoo)
• The Cavs don’t want to trade the Nets’ first-round pick. (New York Post)
• LeBron James has no interest in waiving his no-trade clause to leave Cleveland before the season is over. (Yahoo)
• The Wizards are listening to offers on Marcin Gortat. (ESPN)
• Backup Knicks center Willy Hernangomez has request a trade as he seeks more playing time (Yahoo)