The trade deadline is just two days away and while there have been some stunners, such as Kristaps Porzingis being traded to the Mavericks, expect more fireworks to occur before 3 p.m. ET on Feb. 7.
Porzingis' frustration with the New York Knicks was reported and within hours he was shipped off to Dallas and teams are looking to load up on cap friendly deals, but using those assets to go after one of the coveted free agents this summer.
Pelicans forward Anthony Davis remains the biggest wild card out there as he wants out of New Orleans with the Lakers being the biggest suitors. The Lakers have made their initial contact with the Pelicans, but reportedly New Orleans has been "underwhelmed" by those first offers.
Check out the latest news and rumors from around the league below.
• Lakers close to acquiring Reggie Bullock from Detroit for Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk. (Frank Isola, The Athletic)
• Anthony Davis has been medically cleared to play from a left index finger fracture. However, the Pelicans do not intend to play him before Thursday's trade deadline. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)
• The Lakers continue to show interest in Trevor Ariza and could pursue him should the Wizards make him available at the deadline. (Ramona Shelburne, ESPN)
• The Lakers are "still glad to engage" the Pelicans regarding a trade for Anthony Davis, but do not "want to to bid against themselves." Los Angeles is awaiting New Orleans' counter-proposal. The Lakers are "anxious" to execute a deal. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Lakers have pulled out of trade talks with the Pelicans in an effort to land Anthony Davis due to "outrageous" requests by New Orleans. (Brad Turner, Los Angeles Times)
• Anthony Davis liked an Instagram comment mentioning a trade proposal the Lakers made to the Pelicans which included Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and two first-round picks in exchange for Davis and Solomon Hill. (Bleacher Report)
• The Raptors have offered guard Kyle Lowry and center Jonas Valanciunas to the Grizzlies in exchange for guard Mike Conley and center Marc Gasol. Lowry is aware of Toronto's general trade discussions. (Jake Fischer, Sports Illustrated)
• The Grizzlies have held serious dialogue with the Jazz and Pistons surrounding packages for guard Mike Conley. (Jake Fischer, Sports Illustrated)
• The Knicks gauged Kristaps Porzingis's trade value prior to dealing him to the Mavericks. New York was rebuffed in attempts to trade for "untouchables," including Utah's Donovan Mitchell and Sacramento's De'Aaron Fox. (Marc Stein, New York Times)
• The Mavericks' interest in Kristaps Porzingis was "an open secret to the Knicks for years." (Marc Stein, New York Times)
• To even consider a deal with the Lakers for Anthony Davis, the Pelicans want at least four first-round and second-round picks to start with. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Lakers reportedly offered the Pelicans a new trade featuring Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, and Michael Beasley, along with two first-round picks, in exchange for Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill. The Lakers are awaiting New Orleans' response. (Brad Turner, Los Angeles Times)
• Conversations between the Lakers and Pelicans have been one-sided, with New Orleans not making any proposal or counter proposal for Davis. (Ramona Shelburne, ESPN.com)
• Celtics GM Danny Ainge encouraged the Pelicans to wait until July to trade Anthony Davis. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Jabari Parker could be a possibility for the Lakers, with a package likely centered around Kentavious Caldwell-Pope being traded to the Chicago Bulls (Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com)
• The Boston Celtics are not making Kyrie Irving available for any trades. Irving could become a free agent this summer. (Steve Bulpett, Boston Herald)