We've yet to see any All-Star deals through the first three months of the NBA season, though that is likely to change over the next few days before the trade deadline on Feb 6.
Momentum on potential trades appears to be forming with less than a week until the deadline, and a slate of contenders could make major upgrades to their roster before the postseason. Will the Rockets add a wing? Can the Clippers beef up their front line? The NBA's silly season is upon us. Stay up to all the latest trade rumors and notes below.
• The Rockets are "pursuing first-round picks to flip into a deal for a wing player and another center." Robert Covington and Andre Iguodala are among several players targeted by Houston. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Celtics are are engaged in trade talks with the Rockets over Clint Capela. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Rockets are "actively discussing several trade scenarios," regarding center Clint Capela. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Rockets, Hawks Timberwolves recently discussed a deal that would have sent Cappella to Atlanta, Robert Covington to Houston and a first round pick through Brooklyn from Atlanta to Minnesota. (Kevin O'Connor, The Ringer)
• Miami is among the teams interested in Thunder forward Danilo Gallinari. (Zach Lowe, ESPN)
• The Warriors and Timberwolves are "engaged in trade conversations" regarding Golden State point guard D'Angelo Russell. (Shams Charania and Jon Krawczynski, The Athletic)
• The Knicks are also interested in a potential Russell deal. (Shams Charania and Jon Krawczynski, The Athletic)
• The Cavaliers have made center Tristan Thompson available for a potential deal. (Chris Haynes, Yahoo Sports)
• Minnesota is seeking two first round picks in any potential Robert Covington trade. (Marc Stein, New York Times)
Houston, Philadelphia, Dallas and Denver are all interested in Covington. (Kevin O'Connor, The Ringer)
• The Hawks are seeking a center before the trade deadline, potentially Capela or Thunder Center Steven Adams (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Knicks are "hell-bent" on keeping Marcus Morris Sr. in free agency in July. (Zach Lowe, ESPN)
• The Mavericks are looking for a wing upgrade, and have "kicked tires" on Charlotte forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Toronto forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. (Brad Townsend, Dallas Morning News)
• The Pistons and Suns are discussing a deal involving former first round pick Luke Kennard. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)