NFL Actives/Inactives: Julio Jones in, Alshon Jeffery out for Week 5
Welcome to Week 5 of the NFL season! There are 12 games scheduled for Sunday, and news is trickling out about whether or not players listed as questionable on injury reports earlier this week will be starting. Stay up do date on who’s playing, and who’s sitting out in Week 5.
• Falcons wideout Julio Jones (toe, hamstring) is ACTIVE against the Redskins. His hamstring had tightened up during practice, causing him to become questionable, with the hamstring being the bigger concern of the two ailments.
• Running back Marshawn Lynch (calf, hamstring) is once again INACTIVE for the Seattle Seahawks. He hasn’t played since Sept. 27. Tailback Fred Jackson (ankle) is ACTIVE against the Bengals, and could split carries with Thomas Rawls.
• Bears wideout Alshon Jeffery is INACTIVE for a fourth straight week due to a hamstring issue that he sustained during practice before the team’s Week 2 game. Wide receiver Eddie Royal is also INACTIVE, which means Marquess Wilson will see the bulk of the targets at receiver.
• Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (hamstring) is ACTIVE for the Bears against the Chiefs. He returned to the field in Week 4 after sitting with a hamstring injury he sustained during a game against the Cardinals on Sept. 20.
• Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce (thumb) is ACTIVE and will play against the Bears.
• Redskins tight end Jordan Reed (knee, concussion) is INACTIVE against the Falcons. Derek Carrier will be the team’s starter, and could see a good amount of targets considering wideout DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is also INACTIVE.
This post will be updated.
- Kenny Ducey