Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL draft is less than one month away, but NFL free agency is still active. While most of the big names are off the market, there are several quality players still available. There are also a few key players that have been named in trade rumors.
Check out the latest NFL rumors below.
• The Chicago Bears are interested in trading for New York Jets defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson, reports Bleacher Report’s Aaron Leming. The Bears are one of several teams that have interest.
• German wide receiver Moritz Boehringer had an impressive Pro Day according to NFL.com. Boehringer has little football experience after starting his football career in 2013, but has potential.
• The trade between the Denver Broncos and San Francisco 49ers involving quarterback Colin Kaepernick is being held up by $4.9 million, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The Broncos want Kaepernick to take a pay cut for that amount or for the 49ers to pay that difference. Neither Kaepernick nor the 49ers want to do so.
• The Cleveland Browns cut cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu over the weekend, but Pro Football Talk reports that Ekpre-Olomu is feeling fine. A nasty knee injury dropped Ekpre-Olomu from the first round to the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
• The Browns also announced they cut safety Donte Whitner. The 30-year old safety was set to make $8.45 million next season, with his release saving the team roughly half of that.
• The Dallas Cowboys played host to Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott Sunday, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. The Cowboys have Darren McFadden on the roster, brought back Lance Dunbar and signed Alfred Morris in free agency.
• Mike Vick believes he has one more “dedicated” year left in him. The 35-year old quarterback told the Daily Press that he can play another season if an NFL team wants him, but is prepared to not play again.