The latest news from Week 13 in the NFL on Andrew Luck and Ryan Fitzpatrick's playing status.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 12 of the NFL season concluded on Monday night with the Green Bay Packers getting a 27–13 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. The Packers ended a four-game losing streak with the victory, and it was Philadelphia's first loss at home this season. Eagles right guard Brandon Brooks missed the game after being hospitalized with an illness earlier in the day.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles said quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick will remain the team's starter over Bryce Petty, reports ESPN's Rich Cimini.
• The Chicago Bears announced that linebacker Danny Trevathan will miss the remainder of the season with a ruptured patella tendon.
• Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck returned to practice on Monday after missing Thursday's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers with a concussion, reports Marc Sessler of NFL.com.
• Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman Adrian Clayborn will miss the next month with a torn MCL, reports ESPN's Vaughn McClure.
• Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson told reporters that he isn't ready to name a starting quarterback for next week's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Rookie Cody Kessler (concussion) and Robert Griffin III (shoulder) are both expected to be able to play in the game.
• Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson told TMZ Sports that he has been banned from the sidelines at Los Angeles Rams games due to his criticisms of the team. The Rams have since said that Dickerson, who played for the franchise from 1983-1987, is welcome at all games and practices.
• The NFL is reportedly thinking about eliminating Thursday Night Football games, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.