Could incoming freshmen who are enrolling at Big Ten and Pac-12 schools in January be eligible to compete in a winter or spring season?
It might be a long shot but some recruits are hoping that they can tell athletes that they’ll be able to play in a college game within just a few weeks of arriving on campus. The NCAA is expected to make a ruling on the issue next week. If they vote yes, would this make a big difference and help with recruiting?
Sports Illustrated host Kaitlin O'Toole is joined by SI's national writer Ross Dellenger for insight.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Top QB Prospect Trey Lance to Get Showcase Game When North Dakota State Plays Central Arkansas
- Beat L.A.? In Short Season, Dodgers Look Like a Superteam
- SI Survey: Doctors Say They'd Play in the NBA and NHL, but not NFL and MLB
- Deonna Purrazzo Out to Prove Herself as Impact’s Knockouts Champion After WWE Disappointment
- Despite All the Risks, Oscar De La Hoya Can Never Truly Quit Boxing
- Clemson No. 1 in Preseason AP Top 25, Followed by Ohio State, Alabama
- Asuka’s Journey Puts Her in Position for Two Title Matches at 'SummerSlam'