NBA rumors: Latest news from the 2015 preseason
By Brain Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA preseason is winding down as we inch closer to the start of the regular season on Oct. 27. With a week to go, teams are ramping up their preparations for the long haul ahead.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• NBA veteran Lamar Odom has been transported from a Nevada hospital to one in Los Angeles and has started physical therapy, according to the Associated Press. Odom is recovering after being found unconscious in a Nevada brothel last week.
• Cleveland Cavaliers head coach David Blatt said forward LeBron James will “absolutely” be ready for their season opener against the Bulls on Oct. 27, reports ESPN’s Dave McMenamin. James received an anti-inflammatory injection for a back injury last week.
• Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr is uncertain for their season opener against the Pelicans, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein and Ethan Sherwood Strauss. Kerr is rehabbing from two off-season back surgeries to fix a ruptured disk.
• Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski will step down as head coach of Team USA after the 2016 Olympics, reports ESPN’s Andy Katz.
• Los Angeles Clippers head coach Doc Rivers said he’s “surprised how sensitive” the Warriors are about his comments regarding the team’s “luck” last season, reports Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.
• Lakers owner Jim Buss said he doesn't regret giving Kobe Bryant a two-year, $48.5 million extension. He thinks Bryant should be paid for “all he’s done” for the franchise, reports USA Today’s Sam Amick.
• The Miami Heat announced they have signed rookie point guard Briante Weber. The guard tore his ACL in January while playing for VCU and failed a physical when he was supposed to sign a training camp deal with the team last month.