The 2016 NBA draft is on Thursday, and the rumor mill has begun to heat up. With the pool of eligible players set, teams continue to conduct workouts and do their diligence evaluating prospects and preparing for the big night. The NBA Finals just finished, and now the draft is taking center stage.
Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram remain locked in as consensus top two selections, but beyond that, there’s plenty of room for chaos. Teams are trying to move up, and in some cases, into the draft, period.
Who’s rising? Who’s falling? Who wants to make a deal?
Keep tabs on this page for the latest news and rumors.
• The Los Angeles Lakers could trade 2015 No. 2 pick D’Angelo Russell for one of this year’s top picks, ESPN’s Chad Ford said on SportsCenter.
• Former Seton Hall guard Isaiah Whitehead will work out for the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday and the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday, reports SNY’s Adam Zagoria.
• The Spurs are actively attempting to move up in the draft, according to NBADraft.net. Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders confirmed the report, and Jody Genessy of Deseret News added that the Spurs could have been among the teams that have contacted the Jazz about their No. 12 pick. The Spurs hold the No. 29 pick.
• Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune reports the Hornets are also trying to move up in the draft from the No. 22 pick.
• Former Virginia guard Malcolm Brogdon had a successful workout for the Hornets on Sunday, reports ESPN’s Spencer Perry. SI’s Andrew Sharp did not include Brogdon among his first-round projections in SI’s latest mock draft.
• The Sixers will hold a workout on Monday for Perry Ellis, Jameel Warney, Ryan Arcidiacono, Trey Freeman, Justin Moss and Pascal Siakam, reports Derek Bodner of USA Today.
• The Bucks will be working out Deyonta Davis, Matt Costello, Isaiah Cousins, Demetrius Jackson, Gary Payton II, Diamond Stone, Isaiah Whitehead, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders.