By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
NBA players can officially sign contracts on Thursday. As teams begin to announce that their acquisitions are official, another big name came off the free-agency board on Wednesday: Dwyane Wade is leaving the Miami Heat in favor of his hometown Chicago Bulls.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Wade is getting a two-year, $47.5 million deal from the Bulls with a player option, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reports.
• To make the cap space to sign Wade, the Bulls have completed a pair of trades, Wojnarowski reports. Jose Calderon is heading to the Los Angeles Lakers, while Mike Dunleavy is going to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
• Richard Jefferson announced on Snapchat that he’s returning to the Cavaliers rather than retiring. Chris Mannix of The Vertical reports the deal is for two years and $5 million.
• The Detroit Pistons have signed San Antonio Spurs restricted free agent Boban Marjanovic to a three-year, $21 million deal, Marc Stein of ESPN reports. The Spurs are unlikely to match the offer, and Shams Charania of The Vertical reports they have inked Dewayne Dedmon to a two-year, $6 million deal.
• The Portland Trailblazers have a meeting with former Golden State Warriors forward Festus Ezeli, ESPN’s Marc Spears reports.
• Langston Galloway is leaving the New York Knicks for the New Orleans Pelicans. Galloway is getting a two-year, $10 million deal with a player option, reports SportsNet New York.