By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA world is celebrating the career of San Antonio Spurs great Tim Duncan, who announced his retirement on Monday after 19 seasons with the team. Widely considered to be the greatest power forward of all time, Duncan became a 15-time All-Star and two-time MVP while leading the Spurs to five NBA championships.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Portland Trail Blazers retained guard Allen Crabbe by matching the four-year, $75 million offer sheet he signed with the Brooklyn Nets, reports Mike Richmond of The Oregonian.
• The Boston Celtics have renounced their rights to forward Jared Sullinger, making him an unrestricted free agent, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
• The Miami Heat retained guard Tyler Johnson by matching the Nets’ four-year, $50 million offer sheet, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• The Nets are pursuing Oklahoma City Thunder free-agent guard Dion Waiters after losing out on Crabbe and Johnson, reports Brian Lewis of the New York Post.
• The Nets are interested in signing former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett, reports Michael Scotto of Sheridan Hoops.
• Point guard Greivis Vasquez has signed a one-year deal with Brooklyn, reports Wojnarowski.
• The Sacramento Kings have received “plenty of interest” in trade talks for Rudy Gay, Kosta Koufos and Ben McLemore, reports James Ham of CSN Bay Area.
• Dario Saric will sign with the Philadelphia 76ers and join the team this season, reports Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Saric has been playing in Turkey since being drafted by the Sixers with the No. 12 pick in 2014.
• Free-agent point guard Aaron Brooks is expected to sign with the Indiana Pacers, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• The Atlanta Hawks have signed point guard Jarrett Jack to a one-year minimum deal, reports Charania.