NBA free agency is winding down, billions of dollars have been spent, and there are still some moving parts on the board.
The biggest question was answered when Kevin Durant announced his decision to leave the Thunder to sign with the Golden State Warriors.
A leap in the salary cap has caused teams to hand out record amounts of money to players. Dwyane Wade is leaving Miami for Chicago. The San Antonio Spurs have traded Boris Diaw and signed Pau Gasol. Mike Conley, the top free-agent point guard, is back with Memphis on the most lucrative contract in league history.
Check back on this page for the latest rumors from around the league. For more, also be sure to check out SI’s ranking of the top 50 free agents.
Latest news and rumors
• Russell Westbrook has given no indication that he currently wants to leave the Thunder. One source says he is “ticked off” by the departure of Durant, and ready for the challeng. (Anthony Slater, The Oklahoman)
• The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed Spanish small forward Alex Abrines to a three-year, $18 million deal. The team drafted Abrines with the No. 32 pick in 2013. (EuroHoops.net)
• Free agent guard Aaron Brooks has agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million deal with the Pacers. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• The 76ers say that Jahlil Okafor’s knee is fully healed, but that he will be limited to non-contact drills with Team USA. (Brian Seltzer, Sixers.com)
• J.R. Smith is seeking a deal in the $15-million-per-year range to re-sign with the Cavaliers. (Steve Kyler, Basketball Insiders)
• Grizzlies guard Mike Conley has an early termination option for the 2020–21 season. (Eric Pincus, Basketball Insiders)
• Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio is unlikely to be traded at this point, team owner Glen Taylor says. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)