By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA off-season is in a quiet period ahead of the start of training camp in two months, but Olympic basketball is in full swing. Team USA’s next game is against Venezuela on Monday night at 6:00 p.m. ET.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Los Angeles Clippers may trade forward Blake Griffin this season to help them keep point guard Chris Paul long-term, reports Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. Both Griffin and Paul will be unrestricted free agents next summer.
• The Oklahoma City Thunder, Orlando Magic and Chicago Bulls would all be interested in trading for Griffin, Kyler reports.
• Former NBA guard Ray Allen told Dom Amore of the Hartford Courant that he is serious about making a comeback and has talked to the Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics about playing for them next season.
• Free-agent guard Lance Stephenson may play overseas next season, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Stephenson averaged 14.2 points and 4.4 rebounds per game with the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers announced they have signed second-round pick Kay Felder.
• Commissioner Adam Silver told Bloomberg News that the NBA age limit probably won’t change in the short-term.
• Nike is expected to release the first signature shoe for Indiana Pacers forward Paul George in September, reports Brian Betschart of Sneaker Files.