The NBA is ramping up for the start of training camp in two weeks, and teams are putting the finishing touches on their rosters. The biggest news involves new Atlanta Hawks center Dwight Howard, who had to be hospitalized due to dehydration following a flight from China.
Check out other news and rumors around the NBA below.
• Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki said on Twitter he will consider retirement "in a few years."
• Utah Jazz point guard George Hill says he is not focused on his impending free agency next summer, nor on signing a long-term extension with his new team, reports Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune. HIll was traded from the Indiana Pacers to the Jazz in June.
• Golden State Warriors forward Kevon Looney will be ready for training camp after having hip surgery less than five months ago, reports Connor Letourneau of the San Francisco Chronicle.
• The Milwaukee Bucks announced they have signed former first-round pick Xavier Henry to a training camp deal.
• Former New York Knicks center Samuel Dalembert is facing battery charges after allegedly hitting his girlfriend and her cousin, reports the Associated Press.
• The Portland Trail Blazers announced they have signed center Greg Steimsma to a training camp deal.