We're nearly a week into the NBA preseason, and the defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers will take the court for the first time as they face the Orlando Magic. The Golden State Warriors made their home preseason debut on Tuesday night, beating the Los Angeles Clippers, 120–75.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Orlando Magic forward Serge Ibaka will play in the team's pre-season game on Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers after an MRI revealed no structural damage to his injured knee, reports ESPN.
• The Houston Rockets are hopeful that Real Madrid point guard Sergio Llull will join them next season, reports Stein.
• Former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach David Blatt will accept the championship ring offered to him by the franchise despite being fired mid-season, reports Stein.
• The Philadelphia 76ers announced that rookie forward Ben Simmons underwent successful surgery on his fractured foot on Tuesday.
• Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has changed his number for the upcoming season to 60 to honor the 60 points former teammate Kobe Bryant scored in his final game against the Utah Jazz, reports Bill Oram of the Orange County Register.
• Free-agent point guard Norris Cole has signed with the Shandong Bulls in China, reports David Pick of Bleacher Report.