By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Most of the big names came off the free agent market last week, but there are still plenty of impact players available, headlined by quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. The biggest news of Wednesday came from the New England Patriots, who acquired tight end Martellus Bennett in a trade with the Chicago Bears.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Former Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis announced on Twitter that he is signing with the New Orleans Saints.
• Linebacker Shea McClellin has signed a three-year deal with the Patriots, reports Schefter.
• The Cleveland Browns announced they have released wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and linebacker Karlos Dansby.
• Guard Zane Beadles signed a three-year, $11.75 million deal with the San Francisco 49ers, reports ESPN's Adam Caplan.
• The NFL Competition Committee is expected to vote on the proposed rule of mandating ejections after two personal fouls, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. 24 ownership votes are needed to pass the rule.