Jay Bilas and Kirk Herbstreit don't want to hear another word about LaVar Ball.
The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina.
1. Nobody wants to talk about LaVar Ball, but everybody talks about LaVar Ball. The latest people to request that the media stop covering the blowhard are two of the top people from the top media company in sports.
ESPN college basketball analyst, Jay Bilas, was all fired up this morning about Ball's latest "stay in your lane" controversy.
Bilas quickly got support from colleague, Kirk Herbstreit.
Two things about this: 1) I'm a big Herbstreit fan, but I really don't appreciate him comparing a legend like Rowdy Roddy Piper to someone as awful as Ball. 2) These guys might want to direct their tweets at their bosses. When the Clippers played the Lakers in a Summer League game on July 7, who did ESPN make sure to get in the booth during the game? LaVar Ball.
And who did ESPN make sure to interview on the sidelines during another game? LaVar Ball.
And round and round we go.
2. Local Cleveland television station, Fox 8, is airing a commercial that basically tells Kyrie Irving not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.
3. The Dodgers magical and insane season continued last night with rookie Kyle Farmer driving in the game-winning run against the Dodgers in the bottom of the 11th in first Major League at-bat.
Farmer's teammates then almost killed him during the the postgame celebration.
4. By now you've seen the video of Chris Christie holding nachos and berating a fan at yesterday's Cubs-Brewers game. Do yourself a favor if you need a laugh today and search Christie's name on Twitter and enjoy the magic. Here is a small sampling:
I couldn't care less about Chris Christie— CaptainsLog2017 🖖🏽🌵 (@CaptainsLog2017) July 31, 2017
Or his maternity pants
If he tried that with me
I would've just started eating his nachos
And don't ever again question Chris Christie's humanity after seeing him cradle those nachos like a mother primate cradling its young.— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) July 31, 2017
Chris Christie held them nachos like every drunk i've seen hold a beer at a party. MFers could fall down 7 flights of stairs. Nann spill.— Just Joe With It (@IsThisShitOn) July 30, 2017
5. No wedding video controversies for Russell Westbrook. Just fun in bumper cars.
6. If you like nasty Twitter beefs between media people, this one involving former ESPN reporter, Britt McHenry and Jen Royle is quite a doozy.
8. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: Before Steve Austin was "Stone Cold," he was "The Ringmaster." This was his debut on Monday Night Raw as that character.
Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and/or liking on Facebook. Find past editions of Traina Thoughts here. And check Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board," on iTunes and SoundCloud.