Olivia Culpo dedicates post to snakes after Danny Amendola gets caught with another woman.
1. Some of you reading this may recall my tenure creating/writing Hot Clicks from 2007 to 2013, where athlete relationship stories were a staple.
I've moved on from all that, but every now and again, I see something so good that I have to weigh in on it. Today is one of those days.
Dolphins wide receiver Danny Amendola was caught enjoying some beach time over the weekend with a Miami sports anchor.
Now, there is no actual proof anything happened between the two, but the pictures do not exactly look good and Amendola is reportedly playing the "just friends" card.
Based on cryptic Instagram posts it doesn't seem like Culpo is buying Amendola's "friends" story. Shortly after TMZ posted the pics of the duo frolicking in the water and engaging in very close conversation, Culpo dedicated an Instagram post to "all the snakes out there."
Now that's well played.
In happier news for Culpo, it was just announced that she'll be returning for the 2019 SI Swimsuit issue.
2. After criticizing ESPN's Monday Night Football last week, I was pleasantly surprised to see the telecast tighten things up this week. There were much fewer booth shoots, they only went to Booger McFarland on his crane a couple of times and I don't think I saw the back of anyone's head. Overall, there was a vast improvement in the broadcast. It also seems like ESPN heard the pleas of people in the stands who were stuck behind McFarland's crane because the TV monitors were gone last night and clear glass was used instead.
Lastly, McFaland had the line of the night when talking about the size of Bills receiver Kelvin Benjamin.
3. With Halloween on Wednesday, I wanted to share some notable costumes I've already seen on social media. We have, in order, Billy Bob from Varsity Blues, Browns offensive line coach and hater of stretching Bob Wylie, a mini Connor McGregor and Capitals star Tom Wilson paying tribute to The Sandlot.
4. LeBron's about to trade the entire Lakers roster.
5. Scott Van Pelt's always entertaining Bad Beats was especially good Monday night. #KickerSwag
6. The name "Matt Vasgersian" was a big problem for Mike Francesa yesterday.
7. John Cena officially won't be part of the WWE's upcoming show in Saudi Arabia. Reports say Cena was uncomfortable participating in the event after the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. If you listened to Cena on my podcast a couple of weeks ago, this news shouldn't surprise you. He clearly is in a position where he can call his own shots and do what he wants. He also, at 41 years old, seems to have a firm grasp on his values and what is important in his life. If you haven't listened to the interview, you can check it out below.
8. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: Here is one man singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody as 42 different artists from Kendrick Lamar to Ozzy Osbourne to Frank Sinatra.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here.And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Does anyone have any faith the Browns will hire the right coach? Didn't think so.