1. Chris Long remains a true gift who keeps on giving. Everyone knows the Eagles defensive end does outstanding work on and off the field. He can chase the quarterback with the best of them and he's also as charitable as any athlete in sports. As a bonus, he's also outstanding on Twitter and his latest work is a true masterpiece. Long has convinced people that his 2-year-old son Waylon is on Twitter.
It all started when Chris responded to this tweet about facing his brother Kyle on Sunday for the Eagles-Bears playoff game.
Twitter being Twitter, some folks took Chris's tweet literally. And then all hell broke loose.
Pray for America, people. Pray for America.
2. Poor Dave Pasch. The ESPN play-by-play man just wanted Bill Walton's opinion on who UCLA should hire as men's basketball coach and instead he got this.
3. I know a lot of you will see the names Mike Francesa and Stephen A. Smith and skip right over this, but I'm only posting it because it's a pretty extraordinary piece of editing to make two shows become one.
4. A lot of people are upset that ESPN won't be airing a "Coaches Room" for Monday's Alabama-Clemson national title game. In fact, more people have complained about no Coaches Room than have ever watched the Coaches Room, but I digress. Anyway, my colleague Jacob Feldman spoke to an ESPN executive about the decision and got to the bottom of why the Coaches Room won't be happning this year and why it's being replaced by a telecast involving the Monday Night Football crew.
5. This week's SI Media Podcast features a roundtable discussion about The Office. Rolling Stone chief TV critic Alan Sepinwall and former MLB pitcher Dan Haren joined me for a fun, passionate conversation on everything Office. The biggest takeaway from listeners was Haren's bombshell confession that Kevin Malone is the show's worst character. You can listen to the podcast below or download it on iTunes.
6. This is excellent social media-ing by the Chiefs.
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: Great video here for any and all WWE fans. Mick Foley takes a trip down memory lane and remembers winning his first WWE Championship 20 years ago.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here.And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Seahawks +2 is your wild-card weekend best bet.