SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) — Dustin Johnson became the fifth player to close out a 5-0 Ryder Cup with a 1-up win over Paul Casey, wrapped up after the United States had already secured the cup.
Johnson joins Larry Nelson, Arnold Palmer, Gardner Dickinson and Francesco Molinari on the short list of players to go 5 for 5.
Johnson’s victory gave the United States 17-1/2 points, three over the threshold it needed to win the event.
More Ryder Cup Coverage on Morning Read
- Parting Shots from a Ryder Cup Where U.S. was Always Two Steps Ahead
- 5 Mistakes Europe Made That Left Them Shorthanded
- Dishing Out Grades for Every Player's Performance
- Video: What Made This U.S. Team So Good?
- American Red Wave Washed Over Europe
- Rory Swears in Emotional Interview, Apologizes
- DJ is First American to go 5-0 Since 1979
- US Wins Back Cup in Dominant Fashion
- Readers Sound Off on Brooks Koepka's Cursing