All the latest news and rumors coming out of the 2017 Winter Meetings.
The Winter Meetings have begun and this slow MLB offseason will likely pick up steam in the coming days. Be sure to check in here regularly for the latest rumors, news and moves around the league.
Here is the latest news coming out of Orlando:
• The Red Sox are hoping to sign both J.D. Martinez and Eric Hosmer. (Boston Herald)
• The Blue Jays and Giants are talking with the White Sox about Avisail Garcia but a deal isn't imminent. (USA Today)
• The Blue Jays have "no plans" to trade Josh Donaldson. (MLB.com)
• Zack Grienke isn't going to the Rangers but the Diamondbacks still have three other suitors. (FanRag Sports)
• The Mets don't think the Twins will trade Brian Dozier. (New York Post)
• The Padres think they have a chance at signing Eric Hosmer. (FanRag Sports)
• The St. Louis Cardinals officially announced they have traded outfielder Stephen Piscotty to the Oakland Athletics for shortstop Yairo Munoz and second baseman Max Schrock.
• The Minnesota Twins are signing right-handed reliever Fernando Rodney. The deal is reportedly for one year and $6 million. (Craig Mish, Sirius XM)
• The Chicago White Sox are one of about a dozen teams that have offers on the table for Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado. The Orioles will continue to have trade talks on Thursday. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• The San Francisco Giants, Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees are all tied to Machado trade talks. (Jon Heyman, Fan Rag Sports)
• The San Diego Padres have emerged as the favorites to sign first baseman Eric Hosmer. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• Former Chicago Cubs catcher Paul Bako is at the winter meetings seeking a major league coaching job. (Jon Heyman, Fan Rag Sports)
• The Cubs have agreed to terms with right-handed pitcher Steve Cishek on a two-year deal expected to be worth about $12 million to $14 million. He ended the year with 44 2/3 innings pitched and a 2.01 ERA.