ARLINGTON, Texas — The Texas Rangers announced on Saturday that they’ve signed six more draft picks from the 2021 MLB Draft, less than 24 hours ahead of the signing deadline.
Those selections are:
- LHP Larson Kindreich, Biola University (eighth round);
- OF JoJo Blackmon, Escambia High School, Florida (11th round);
- RHP Jackson Leath, Tennessee (12th round);
- RHP Evan Elliott, Lethbridge College, Canada (15th round);
- RHP Michael Alfonso, Key West High School, Florida (17th round);
- RHP Joseph Mantalvo, Central Pointe Academy, Florida (20th round).
No contract terms were announced by the Rangers.
The Rangers have now signed 14 of their 20 selections from the draft and have until 4 p.m. CST on Sunday to sign the remaining selections.
On Wednesday, the Rangers signed their first-round pick, Vanderbilt pitcher Jack Leiter.
Rangers vs Orioles: Starting Lineups, Minor League Promotions, Injury Report
The Texas Rangers kick off their final road series of 2021 as the begin a four-game set at Camden Yards against the Baltimore Orioles.
Rangers History Today: Back-to-Back AL West Champs ... Again
The Texas Rangers said 'Hello Win Column' and hello to the American League Postseason on this day in 2011.
Rangers Collapse in Eighth Inning, Swept By Yankees
Adolis García made highlight reels across Major League Baseball, but the Texas Rangers were swept by the New York Yankees after an eighth-inning collapse.
Leiter reportedly signed an agreement for more than $7.9 million, which was over his slot value of $7,789,900. During Leiter's press conference, it was announced that the first-round pick would not pitch this season, citing his workload for Vanderbilt, which reached the College World Series.
Other Rangers draft picks that have already been signed, as previously reported by Inside the Rangers, include:
- Cameron Cauley, SS, Barbers Hill HS (Third Round): Signed for $1,000,000 ($142,600 over-slot)
- Ian Moller, C, Wahlert HS (Fourth Round): Signed for $700,000 ($134,400 over-slot)
- Mitchell Bratt, LHP, Newmarket HS (Fifth round): Signed for $850,000 ($431,800 over-slot)
- Chase Lee, RHP, Alabama (Sixth round): Signed for $75,000 ($237,400 under-slot)
- Bradford Webb, RHP, VCU (Seventh round): Signed for $10,000 ($233,000 under-slot)
- Liam Hicks, C, Arkansas State (Ninth round): Signed for $30,000 ($131,400 under-slot)
- C.J. Widger, LHP, Rowan College at Gloucester County (10th round): Signed for $20,000 ($129,300 under-slot)
READ MORE: Texas Rangers Sign Top Pick Jack Leiter
You can find Matthew Postins on Twitter @PostinsPostcard.