NBA rumors: Latest news on injuries, contracts, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA regular season finally tips off on Tuesday night with three games, headlined by the defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers raising their first NBA title banner against the New York Knicks. Monday also served as the deadline for teams to cut their rosters down to 15 players.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Houston Rockets management pushed former interim head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to play center Clint Capela over Dwight Howard, but Bickerstaff resisted, adding to the disharmony in the locker room, reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon.
• Memphis Grizzlies forward Chandler Parsons has not been cleared for the team's opener against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday with a knee injury, reports MacMahon.
• Philadelphia 76ers guard Jerryd Bayless will miss the first month of the season with a torn ligament in his left wrist, reports ESPN's Jeff Goodman.
• The Boston Celtics announced they have waived guard R.J. Hunter, giving the final roster spot to James Young.
• Guard Archie Goodwin has been waived by the Phoenix Suns, the team announced.
• The Houston Rockets waived veteran point guard Pablo Prigioni, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• The Detroit Pistons claimed point guard Beno Udrih off waivers and released guard Ray McCallum, reports Jake Fischer of SB Nation.
• The NBA and NBPA are working on a seven-year extension of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.