NBA rumors: Clippers taking Spurs reported interest in Paul seriously
With the draft lottery wrapped up and the deadline to declare for the draft having passed by, rumor season is in full effect.
We’ll regularly round up the newest buzz going forward through the draft, free agency and beyond.
The Magic and Hawks have effectively dealt with their front office situation, the Lakers and Celtics are starting to court Lonzo Ball and Markelle Fultz, and there’s a whole lot left to sort out as players continue to work out for teams and executives start to lock in on their courses for the off-season.
You can find the latest news and rumors below.
• Chris Paul and the San Antonio Spurs reportedly have mutual interest. (ESPN.com). According to Marc Stein, the Clippers are taking the news seriously, even though the Spurs are limited with cap space money.
• Suns say that there is not a lot of interest in moving guard Eric Bledsoe. (Basketball Insiders)
• Potential lottery pick Lonzo Ball will not work out for the Boston Celtics. The Celtics have the No. 1 pick in next month's draft (WEEI.com). But ESPN is reporting that Ball is mulling workout with Philadelphia 76ers.
• Lakers executive Magic Johnson says the only player he would not consider moving is forward Brandon Ingram. (ESPN)
• The Hawks have named Travis Schlenk as their new general manager. (Team announcement)
• The Bulls believe that Dwyane Wade will pick up his player option for next season. Wade's decision to opt out has to be made by June 27. (Chicago Tribune)
• Luc Mbah a Moute is expected to opt out of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles Times)