Get the latest news, rumors and updates from around the NBA.
The NBA trade deadline is fast approaching, and after Monday's unexpected deal sending Blake Griffin to the Pistons, it seems like just about anything could happen before Feb. 8.
The Cavaliers are still expected to make a move before the deadline and they have been rumored to be looking at Kings guard George Hill. Cleveland lost Kevin Love for 6-8 weeks after the forward broke a bone in his hand on Tuesday night, a deal that might make a deal more imminent.
The Clippers are reportedly still planning to be active sellers at this year's deadline and will be trying to acquire young players and draft picks, though Doc Rivers said that report isn't true. And the Thunder are also expected to try and make a move of some sort to make up for the loss of Andre Roberson.
With John Wall being sidelines for six to eight weeks due to knee surgery, the Wizards may now be more active and looking to make a big splash as they try to solidify their playoff position. And there is always a chance for a surprise team to come out of nowhere to make a big move that could really shakeup the league.
Check out the latest rumors and news from around the NBA below.
News and Rumors
• The hold up in a potential Nikola Mirotic trade to the Pelicans is Mirotic's $12.5 million team-option for next season. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Doc Rivers called reports that the Clippers will continue to be active sellers in the trade market "not true." (Jovan Buha, ESPN.com)
Grizzlies guard Tyreke Evans could be on the trading block, with the Celtics emerging as a possible destination. (Ronald Tillery, The Commercial Appeal)
• After the Blake Griffin trade, LeBron James will no longer consider the Clippers in free agency. (Marc Spears, ESPN.com)
• A potential Nikola Mirotic trade to the Pelicans could involve Omer Asik, another New Orleans player and a draft pick. (K.C. Johnson, Chicago Tribune
• Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert took control of basketball decisions after parting ways with former general manager David Griffin. (Ken Berger, Bleacher Report)
• The Blazers are recalling two-way player Wade Baldwin from his G League assignment. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Clippers are discussing contract extensions but also looking at deals involving DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)