Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry sat down with MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo on Friday to discuss how the Bucks can improve their roster. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the conversation lasted over 3 hours and Lasry confirmed his willingness to spend into the luxury tax to build the squad around Giannis.
If the MVP chooses to not sign an extension with Milwaukee he will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2020-21 season. After the Bucks' elimination from the playoffs last Tuesday, Giannis said the possibility of him requesting a trade from Milwaukee is "not happening."
ESPN reported that the Bucks will offer Antetokounmpo a deal worth 35% of the Bucks' cap which is somewhere between $220 million and $250 million dollars over five years.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Gio Reyna Scores in Dortmund's Season Opener in DFB Pokal
- NFL Week 1 Injury Roundup - Marlon Mack, Blake Jarwin Done for the Year
- Predicting the Celtics-Heat Eastern Conference Finals Matchup
- Mickie James Seeks Seventh WWE Title in Championship Program With Asuka
- TV Highlights, Lowlights From NFL Week 1: TRAINA THOUGHTS
- Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo Top List of World's Highest-Paid Soccer Players
- Alex Rodriguez Had Some Astoundingly Dumb Analysis About Late-Game Leads
- NCAA NIL Proposal Prohibits College Athletes From Using School Logo, Endorsing Certain Businesses and More