DA Office: Panthers DE Hardy trial moved to 2015

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) Charlotte Mecklenburg District Attorney's office spokeswoman Meghan Cooke has announced the Nov. 17 jury trial involving Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has been moved to 2015.

Cooke said in a release Tuesday that a new trial date has not been set. Several media outlets reported last week the trial would be moved.

Hardy is appealing his July 15 conviction on charges of assault on a female and communicating threats. The Panthers placed Hardy on the exempt-commissioner's permission list Sept. 17 and he cannot play for Carolina until his situation is resolved.

The release says the court's docket is filled with cases still being heard, prompting the move. Cooke says in the release, ''The District Attorney's Office must now adjust the dockets in several courtrooms, affecting multiple cases.''

---

AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide—from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Andy Staples, Grant Wahl, and more—delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.