Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The free agency pool is starting to take shape as teams continue to cut players ahead of the new league year, which starts on March 9. The biggest name on the market may now be running back Arian Foster, who was released by the Houston Texans early Thursday morning.
Check out more NFL news and rumors below.
• Quarterback Joe Flacco signed a three-year contract extension with the Baltimore Ravens, the team announced. The deal is worth $66.4 million with $40 million guaranteed, reports The Baltimore Sun’s Jeff Zrebiec.
• The Atlanta Falcons announced they have released wide receiver Roddy White, who is the franchise’s all-time leading receiver.
• Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has signed his franchise tag.
• Cleveland Browns center Alex Mack has voided the last three years of his contract and will become a free agent, reports Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo.
• The Carolina Panthers announced they have released defensive end Charles Johnson.
• Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team won’t draft a quarterback with the No. 4 pick in the 2016 draft, reports NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread.
• Former NFL safety Darren Sharper has reached a new plea deal in his rape trial and will be sentenced in May, reports WDSU New Orleans’ Travers Mackel. Sharper pleaded guilty in June to drugging and sexually assaulting three women.