Get caught up on the latest rumors, news and reports concerning the NFL and the NFL draft.
The start of the NFL draft is hours away and there is tons of buzz about just what will unfold in the first round this year.
The Cleveland Browns have the No 1 pick and the No. 4 pick this year after going 0-16 during the season and thanks to acquiring the Texans' first-round pick in a draft-day trade last year.You can keep up with all things concerning the Browns specifically and what they might do with their picks here.
In addition to Cleveland, the Patriots (Nos. 23 and 31) and Bills (Nos. 12 and 22) also have two first-round picks while the Chiefs, Rams and Texans will not pick until the second round.
Stay up to date with the latest rumors and news surrounding the draft below.
Rumors and News
• Head coaches and general managers around the NFL believe Cleveland will select Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield at No. 1 (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)
• The Ravens, Seahawks, Titans and Lions are all open to trading back in the first round. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)
• There is a sense around the league the Cowboys are looking at putting together a deal for Seahawks safety Earl Thomas that would include Dallas' second-round pick (No. 50 overall), but the Cowboys would need to know they could sign Thomas to a long-term deal. (Dan Graziano, ESPN.com)
• Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant, Giants offensive tackle Ereck Flowers, Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks and Jets quarterback Teddy Bridgewater could be used as trade bait. (Dan Graziano, ESPN.com)
• The Saints have made calls about moving up from No. 27 to higher in the first round and are prepared to make a move. (Ian Rapoport, NFL.com)
• Barring unexpected new info or a trade surfacing, the Browns have settled on Baker Mayfield as their choice with the No. 1 pick. (Josina Anderson, ESPN.com)
• The Giants could be looking to trade down from the No. 2 pick because according to a source, the team has "a ton of needs." (Dianna Russini, ESPN.com)
• Giants coach Pat Shurmur said the team is "planning on picking at No. 2" since it doesn't seem like other teams want to move up that high in the draft. (Ian Rapoport, NFL.com)
• The Jets would take Josh Rosen over Sam Darnold at No. 3 if both are still on the board. (Lance Zierlein, NFL.com)
• If the Broncos or Bills don't trade up to get the No. 2 pick from the Giants to draft Sam Darnold and he falls to at least No. 4, expect for teams to offer up picks to the Browns for that selection. (Lance Zierlein, NFL.com)
• Other general managers are skeptical the Browns will select Baker Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. (Ian Rapoport, NFL.com)
• Cowboys legends Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach and Jason Witten will accompany Roger Goodell when he comes out at the start of the draft to reduce boos. (Todd Archer, ESPN.com)
• Browns GM John Dorsey has known for about six weeks who they will pick at No. 1. He told the owners about a month ago and coach Hue Jackson two days ago. (Chris Mortensen, ESPN.com)
• Maryland wide receiver D.J. Moore, UTSA pass rusher Marcus Davenport and Louisville cornerback Jaire Alexander are in position to be selected higher than they were initially expected. (Ian Rapoport, NFL.com)
• The Vikings (pick No. 30), Patriots (pick No. 31) and Eagles (pick No. 32) have all gotten calls from teams interested in moving back in the first round. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)