Keep up with the latest hirings, firings, rumors and news in the NFL coaching carousel.
The divisional matchups are set in the NFL playoffs, and while those teams prepare this week with efforts to continue their postseason runs, the eight teams that fired their coaches continue to interview candidates, some of which are still coaching.
The Browns, Bengals, Broncos, Dolphins and Jets have each reportedly interviewed multiple candidate, and have yet to hire anyone, while the Buccaneers, Packers, and Cardinals had settled on who will be working their sidelines next season.
• Mike McCarthy is reportedly sitting out the 2019 season after the Jets' job was filled.
• Todd Bowles has been hired by the Buccaneers as their new defensive coordinator.
• The Jets have reportedly hired Adam Gase as their new head coach.
• The Dolphins are expected to hire Dowell Loggains as offensive coordinator.
• Packers offensive line coach Joe Philbin has reportedly been granted permission to interview with the Vikings for their OL coach opening.
• Vance Joseph has been rumored to join Gase's staff as Jets defensive coordinator, and is also in the mix for the Bengals' DC opening.
• Baylor coach Matt Rhule reportedly indicated that he indicated to his staff he will remain with the program amid rumors he was being considered for the New York Jets' head-coaching vacancy. He was reportedly told he would not be given control over hiring assistants.
• The Browns are relieving interim coach Gregg Williams of his duties.
• Todd Bowles is reportedly being considered to replace Vic Fangio as the Bears defensive coordinator. He was also linked to the Buccaneers defensive coordinator opening, but nothing has been signed.
• The Cardinals reportedly have interest in Texas State head coach Jake Spavital as offensive coordinator. He worked with new coach Kliff Kingsbury at Houston.
• Kevin Stefanski will reportedly remain the Vikings offensive coordinator after becoming a finalist for the Browns head coach opening.
• The Broncos reportedly reached an agreement to make Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio their next head coach.
• Former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is not pursuing any vacancies other than the Jets' HC position. He does not want to be considered for other positions either.
• New Packers head coach Matt LaFleur agreed to four-year deal with a fifth-year team option.
• Todd Bowles could become the Buccaneers defensive coordinator after he was fired from coaching the Jets, but nothing has been signed. Byron Leftwich will be the new offensive coordinator for Bruce Arians.
• Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels says he's returning to the team in 2019.