Get the latest news, updates and rumors from around the NFL as training camp goes on.
The official first week of the preseason gets started on Thursday, when 22 teams take the field, most seeing their initial action of training camp.
One reminder that training camp is getting ramped up is tonight's premiere of "Hard Knocks" on HBO, which features the Oakland Raiders in their final season in the bay before heading to Las Vegas in 2020.
Stay up to date with the latest rumors and news around the league.
News and Rumors
• Tight end Niles Paul is retiring after seven NFL seasons with the Redskins and Jaguars. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)
• Former 2nd-round pick tackle Jason Spriggs was waived/injured by the Packers. Green Bay used the roster spot to claim running back Keith Ford off waivers from the Colts. (Packers.com)
• The Lions agreed to a two-year extension with guard Joe Dahl. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
• The 49ers have activated running back Jerick McKinnon from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform List. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)
• Ezekiel Elliot has said that he will not play this season without a new contract. (Josina Anderson, ESPN.com)
• Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry returned to practice on Tuesday. (Aditi Kinkhabwala, NFL Network)
• Texans cornerback Lonnie Johnson is not practicing with the team a day after his big hit on Packers tight end Jace Sternberger during a joint practice. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
• The Cowboys offered "generous" contract extensions to Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper. (Jane Slater, NFL Network)
• The Eagles placed defensive end Joe Ostman on IR and signed DE Kasim Edebali. (Jeff McLane, Philadelphia Inquirer)
• Free agent Michael Crabtree worked out for the Arizona Cardinals on Monday, but the two sides could not agree to terms. Crabtree spent last season with the Baltimore Ravens. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)
• Seahawks middle linebacker Bobby Wagner has “procedure” done on his lower body but should be ready for the regular season. (ESPN 710)
• The new home of the Raiders will be named Allegiant Stadium. The airline reportedly will be paying $20 million and $25 million a year for the naming rights. (Richard N. Velotta, Las Vegas Review-Journal)
• The Jets claimed cornerback Alex Brown off waivers and waived wide receiver Quadree Henderson. (Official)
• Giants walking "fine line" with Sterling Shepard as he practices but is not supposed to be hit just yet. (Tom Rock, Newsday)
• Odell Beckham Jr. did not practice with the Browns Monday due to an illness. (Official)
• The Colts claimed running back D'Onta Foreman off waivers. (Tom Pelissero, NFL.com)
This story will be updated throughout the day.