The Philadelphia Eagles have submitted permission to interview New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and Kanas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for their head coach vacancy.
Bo Wulf and Zac Jackson of The Athletic reported Saturday that McDaniel's interview will take place Sunday.
Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reported that the time for Bieniemy's interview has yet to be determined due to the Chiefs still playing in the postseason.
The Eagles fired head coach Doug Pederson after Philadelphia went 4-11-1 to finish last in the unpredictable NFC East and was eliminated from postseason contention with a loss to rival Dallas in Week 16.
The Eagles' struggles in 2020 saw the eventual benching of starter Carson Wentz, who was pulled in their Week 13 loss to the Packers and replaced by rookie Jalen Hurts. Before Pederson's firing, it was rumored Wentz would ask for a trade in the offseason because his relationship with the coach was fractured beyond repair.
Check out the latest news and rumors around the NFL:
- Charlie Strong is finalizing a deal to become Urban Meyer's assistant head coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars. (Stadium)
- The Texans interviewed Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus for their head coaching position. He initially declined the interview, but Houston made another push recently. (Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp has been ruled out for game against the Packers. (Peter Schrager, FOX.com)
- The Steelers are expected to promote quarterbacks coach Matt Canada to offensive coordinator. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald will play in Saturday's game against the Packers despite having torn rib cartilage. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- The Ravens are expected to explore a contract extension for quarterback Lamar Jackson during the offseason. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Ravens running back Mark Ingram understands his team's decision not to play him Saturday night vs. the Bills. His healthy scratch is due to salary-cap considerations. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll has emerged as a favorite to become the Los Angeles Chargers' next head coach. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- Seattle has spoken with former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson about its offensive coordinator opening. (Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- Seattle wide receiver Josh Gordon's conditional reinstatement has been rescinded and he will be suspended indefinitely. (Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- Ryan Stamper, assistant athletic director of player development at Ohio State, is leaving the Buckeyes to join Urban Meyer and the Jaguars. Stamper has been with Ohio State since Meyer’s first season in Columbus in 2012. (Bill Rabinowitz, The Dispatch)
- There were no positive COVID-19 tests among the remaining teams Saturday morning, giving an all-clear for the divisional round. (Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- Former Texas and USF coach Charlie Strong will join Meyer's Jaguars staff, and likely will serve as Jacksonville's LB coach. (Brett McMurphy, Stadium)
- The Saints' assistant head coach and tight ends coach Dan Campbell has emerged as a favorite for the Lions' head coach opening. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- Former Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn has spoken with Pete Carroll about the Seahawks' offensive coordinator job. (Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)