The New York Giants will have starting left tackle Andrew Thomas this week against the Dallas Cowboys. But for how many snaps is another question.
Thomas, listed on the Giants' Friday injury report with a foot ailment that he said was unrelated to the off-season ankle surgery he had in January, worked out for trainers, coaches, and team officials before the Giants' inactive list was due. While it was determined that he was moving well enough to give things a go this week, it will be interesting to see if Thomas can play the entire game.
Had Thomas been declared inactive, that would have left a big hole on the Giants' offensive line. The second-year player out of Georgia has only been the Giants' best and most consistent offensive lineman, having allowed just six pressures in four games and no sacks.
If Thomas is unable to make it through the entire game, Nate Solder will probably move to left tackle, and second-year man Matt Peart, who lost out on the starting right tackle job, will step in at right tackle.
Giants Drop in MMQB Power Rankings After Eagles Win
A win is a win, but the Giants win over the Philadelphia Eagles apparently didn't impress the MMQB crew in their weekly power rankings poll.
NFC East Week 12 Wrap-up: Cowboys on a Mini Skid, Eagles Falter
Let's run down the NFC East standings and draft positions after 12 weeks of play.
The Giants' inactive players include receivers Sterling Shepard (hamstring) and Darius Slayton (hamstring), safety Jabrill Peppers (hamstring), and offensive lineman Ben Bredeson (hand)--all declared out on Friday by the team.
Cornerbacks Sam Beal and Josh Jackson are the healthy scratches for the Giants.
The Cowboys' inactive player list includes safety Donovan Wilson (groin) and defensive end Dorance Armstrong (ankle), both of whom were declared out Friday due to their respective injuries. The rest of the Cowboys inactive list includes quarterback Will Grier, safety Israel Mukuamu, tackle Brandon Knight, and receiver Simi Fehoko.
More from Giants Country
- New York Giants Need More from Their Pass Rush
- How the Giants Benefitted (and Can Continue to Benefit) from Kadarius Toney
- Daniel Jones Coming of Age After Rocky Start to Giants Career
- Behind Enemy Lines: Five Questions Answered by Cowboy Maven Reporter Timm Hamm
- Cowboys LB Micah Parsons Holds No Resentment Toward Giants for Passing on Him in Draft
- New York Giants Brush Off Troy Aikman's Comments About Not Being in Dallas' Class
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel