New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones will miss this weekend's game against the Miami Dolphins, head coach Joe Judge confirmed.
Jones, who suffered a strained neck on the second play from scrimmage in last week's win over the Philadelphia Eagles, was reported to be week-to-week with his injury, one with which he played the entire game.
Although Jones has been able to practice all week as a limited participant, the quarterbacks don't engage in contact by virtue of their position. The medical staff opined that it would be too risky to expose the third-year quarterback to a potential hit that could worsen his injury.
Judge confirmed that Mike Glennon would get the start and be backed up by newly signed Jake Fromm, who the Giants signed off the Bills practice squad this week.
Giants GM Joe Schoen "Dependable" Says Former Boss
Brandon Beane, who brought Schoen to New York, says the Giants got themselves a dependable performer in the 42-year-old Schoen.
Giants Kick off Head Coaching Interviews, Meet with Bills OC Brian Daboll
New York isn't wasting any time in getting their head coaching search under way, and they're going to start with the two Buffalo Bills coordinators, Brian Daboll and Leslie Frazier.
Giants GM Joe Schoen Has a Lengthy To-Do List Ahead of Him
Rome wasn't built in a day and it's probably going to take some time for new Giants GM Joe Schoen to straighten out a broken Giants franchise. He'll likely start in the following areas.
Jones had been limited in practice Wednesday and Thursday. As a quarterback, he is exempt from engaging in contact drills, so there was hope that he might make enough progress to play Sunday.
However, when asked on Wednesday if there was any concern that Jones's injury was season-ending, Judge said, "At this moment, no."
Judge did say that Jones will accompany the team to Miami and then to Tucson, Arizona, where the team will spend next week getting acclimated to the West Coast time ahead of their game against the Los Angeles Chargers.
More from Giants Country
- Giants CB James Bradberry Quietly Improving His Play
- New York Giants - Week 13 Storylines to Watch
- Why Nate Solder Continues to Start Ahead of Matt Peart at Right Tackle
- New York Giants QB Daniel Jones Reveals Why It's Important for Him to to Be Out There
- Giants' Week 12 Injury Report: Daniel Jones Limited
- New York Giants Week 13 Opponent First Look: Miami Offense
- Logan Ryan Says Giants Need to Show This Trait if They Want to Be Playoff Bound
- Giants O-line Coach Rob Sale's Blunt Take on Right Tackle Situation
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel