The Barcelona - Bayern Munich game quickly turned from exciting to embarrassing, and although Barcelona has been embarrassed on the Champions League stage in recent years it’s never been this bad.
According to CBS Sports and Sky Sports, the club's manager Quique Setien will be fired after its 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich. This would be the first time Barcelona had conceded eight goals in a game since losing 8-0 to Sevilla in 1946.
On the flip side, it was a record-setting performance by Bayern Munich, who are now just one match away from competing for the Champions League trophy. Bayern Munich will now wait until Saturday to see who their next opponent will be in the Champions League Semifinal.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- PSG Sheds Past Baggage to Rescue Its Champions League Dream
- How Will 2020—and the Chase for .400—Be Remembered?
- Michele Roberts Opens Up About the NBA Bubble and What's Next
- Fantasy Football Bust of the Year: Which 2019 Stud Should You Fade in 2020?
- For the Celtics, Brad Stevens Isn't Going Anywhere Anytime Soon
- St. Louis City SC: 2023 MLS Expansion Team Reveals Its Name, Colors and Crest
- John Cena Assesses How WWE Is Handling Shows Without Fans