The cameras love to see how NBA stars are dressed when they show up to games, so the sport's most prominent figures get plenty of practice at honing their fashion sense. Perhaps it makes sense, then, that Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro took home the Best Dressed Athlete of the Year at Tuesday's SI Awards.
Herro wore a bright orange suit to the show that drew plaudits from co-hosts DJ Khaled and Cari Champion after Herro accepted the award
Jazz guard Jordan Clarkson, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and recently traded NJ/NY Gotham FC goalkeeper Ashlyn Harris were also nominated.
The Best Dressed Athlete of the Year award honors an athlete who cares about their fit off the court just as much as their game on the court. The winning athlete embodies sports and fashion demonstrated through more than what they wear, but how they wear it, where they wear it and why they wear it.
Along with Best Dressed Athlete of the Year, SI will also recognize:
- The Muhammad Ali Legacy Award
- SportsKid of the Year
- Female/Male Athlete of the Year, Presented by the U.S. Polo Assn.
- Breakthrough Athlete of the Year, Presented by Emsculpt Neo
- Hometown Hero, Presented by Pepsi Stronger Together
- Team of the Year, Presented by Vitacost
- Play of the Year, Presented by Alkaline88
- Gamer of the Year, Presented by Arcade1Up
The event is being co-hosted by TV host Cari Champion and DJ Khaled in Hollywood, Fla. and will feature appearances from the likes of Shaquille O'Neal, Rob Gronkowski, LaMelo Ball, Candace Parker and more, as well as performances from 2 Chainz and DJ Irie.