The WNBA has canceled all of Wednesday night's games.
Atlanta Dreams Center Elizabeth Williams read a statement on ESPN as the representative of all WNBA players.
WIlliams said quote, “ After speaking with representatives from teams playing tonight as well as our WNBPA leadership the consensus is to not play in tonight's slate of games and to kneel, lock arms and raise fists during the national anthem.”
She went on to say quote “We stand in solidarity with our brothers in the NBA and will continue this conversation with our brothers and sisters across all leagues and look to take collective action.”
The WNBA and NBA and have postponed all of Wednesday’s games in light of the aftermath of the Jacob Blake police shooting in Wisconsin.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Mailbag: Questions Remain on 2020 U.S. Open Despite the Success of Tennis's Return
- Beat L.A.? In Short Season, Dodgers Look Like a Superteam
- Former Washington Employees Describe Exploitive Environment, per Washington Post Report
- Deonna Purrazzo Out to Prove Herself as Impact’s Knockouts Champion After WWE Disappointment
- Mailbag: Which Under-the-Radar Rookies Will Make the Biggest Impact This Year
- Inside the Raptors and Celtics Discussions to Boycott Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Late Bloomer Damian Priest Reaches New Heights in ‘TakeOver XXX’ Ladder Match