NBA rumors: Latest news during the playoffs on injuries, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Western Conference Finals are now set as the Oklahoma City Thunder advanced past the San Antonio Spurs with a 113–99 win in Game 6 on Thursday. The Thunder will face the Golden State Warriors with an NBA Finals berth on the line.
The last remaining conference semifinals series continues on Friday, as the Miami Heat look to avoid elimination against the Toronto Raptors in Game 6.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Heat center Hassan Whiteside will not play in Game 6 as he recovers from a MCL injury, reports the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson. Forward Luol Deng is questionable to play in Game 6 with a bruised wrist, the team announced.
• The Dallas Mavericks plan to make Dwight Howard their top target in free agency, reports the Star-Telegram’s Dwain Price.
• Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge said the team may consider trading the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft if it wins the lottery, reports MassLive.com’s Jay King.
• The Atlanta Hawks will likely get rid of either Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroder this summer, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Chris Vivlamore.
• The Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic are interested in former Phoenix Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek for their coaching vacancies, reports CBS Sports’ Ken Berger.
• Golden State’s Stephen Curry led the NBA in jersey sales for the second straight year, reports ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
• The Utah Jazz unveiled a new court design, jerseys and logos for next season.