The NBA regular season tips off in two weeks, with the Cleveland Cavaliers preparing to play host to the New York Knicks. As for the preseason, there is only a week and a half left for teams to make cuts and finalize their rosters.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Sacramento Kings owner Vivek Ranadive told Sam Amick of USA Today that former head coach George Karl wanted to trade All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins.
• Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams has no timetable for his return from an ankle injury, reports Fred Katz of the Norman Transcript.
• Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor is expected to return for the team's season opener on Oct. 26 against the Thunder, reports Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Okafor is recovering from a March surgery to repair his right meniscus.
• The Milwaukee Bucks have interest in trading for Sacramento Kings shooting guard Ben McLemore, reports ESPN's Marc Stein.
• Los Angeles Clippers point guard Austin Rivers will spend some time playing small forward this season, reports Cody Taylor of Basketball Insiders.
• The Kings have signed Blue Diamond to be their jersey ad sponsor starting with the 2017–18 season, reports ESPN's Darren Rovell. Sacramento will make $15 million over three years on the deal.
• NBA commissioner Adam Silver is "optimistic" that a new collective bargaining agreement will be finalized in the coming weeks, reports Fran Blinebury of NBA.com.