Week 4 of the NFL season kicks off Thursday night with the Baltimore Ravens looking for their first win of the season against the Pittsburgh Steelers, who will be without starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (MCL) for the foreseeable future. The NFL International Series gets started on Sunday with the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins square off in the first of three games the league will play in London this season.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy may not play in Sunday's game against the Giants to rest a left hamstring injury. Wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf) is also expected to miss the game, according to Bills coach Rex Ryan.
• Houston Texans running back Arian Foster could return to the field on Sunday against the Falcons, but will be a game-time decision, according to head coach Bill O'Brien. He has missed the entire season with a groin injury.
• Eagles linebacker Kiko Alonso will be able to return this season, NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reports. Alonso missed all of last season with a torn ACL and injured the same knee in Philadelphia's Week 2 loss to the Cowboys.
• Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was limited in his return to practice Wednesday, according to Patrick Finley of the Chicago Sun-Times. He is recovering from a hamstring strain he suffered in Chicago's Week 2 loss to the Cardinals.
• The NFL is making contingency plans with the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins in case Hurricane Joaquin impacts the game played at FedEx Field on Sunday, NFL senior vice president of communications Greg Aiello told The Washington Post.