NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Many NFL teams are preparing to start OTAs this week as players finally return to the field after a long off-season. Though free agency is mostly quiet, there is some buzz around the league with several notable players still on the market.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will appeal his four-game Deflategate suspension, his lawyers told ABC News.
• Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman told NFL Network’s Michael Robinson that he wouldn’t be surprised if running back Marshawn Lynch came out of retirement to play this season.
• Jacksonville Jaguars rookie Jalen Ramsey is expected to be ready for the team’s season opener after tearing his meniscus last week, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will skip OTAs as the two sides work on a long-term deal, reports The Buffalo News’ Tyler Dunne.
• Patriots owner Robert Kraft told USA Today that he would support the Oakland Raiders relocating to Las Vegas.
• New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan has not been cleared for OTAs as he recovers from off-season back surgery, reports The New Orleans Advocate’s Nick Underhill.
• The NFL owners are considering changing instant replay rules to allow more plays to be reviewed, reports USA Today’s Jarrett Bell.