NFL rumors: Week 10 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 9 of the NFL season wrapped up on Monday night with the Seattle Seahawks beating the Buffalo Bills in a wild 31-25 game. It was a night filled with controversy, namely from cornerback Richard Sherman's uncalled unnecessary roughness penalty at the end of the first half.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has been cleared to practice, reports David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. He has been out since Week 3 of the pre-season with a back injury.
• Los Angeles Rams quarterback Case Keenum will start Sunday against the New York Jets, reports ESPN's Alden Gonzalez. Rookie Jared Goff will not start until the Rams are eliminated from playoff contention, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
• Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is considered day-to-day with an MCL sprain, and if he can't play, Bryce Petty will start for New York, reports Rapoport.
• Tennessee Titans rookie running back Derrick Henry may miss as much as two weeks with a calf strain, head coach Mike Mularkey told reporters.
• Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith will start for the team on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers after missing last week with a head injury, reports Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star.
• San Francisco 49ers head coach Chip Kelly told reporters that he is not leaving to coach college football.
• New Orleans Saints veterans Drew Brees and Zach Strief said the league's popularity is decreasing and ratings are down because of the growing distrust of the NFL's front office, reports ESPN's Mike Triplett.