Transfer rumors: Latest on Batshuayi, Schneiderlin, Coutinho, Berahino
The January transfer window is well underway in Europe, with a number of big names and clubs linked to one another as always.
While the summer typically brings the biggest moves involving the most high-profile names and the largest transfer fees, the winter window is no stranger to blockbuster deals.
Here are the latest rumors, reports and buzz during the latest edition of transfer season:
Tuesday, Jan. 10
• Morgan Schneiderlin's asking price has reportedly been met. Everton has reportedly had a £22 million bid accepted by Manchester United for the French midfielder.
• Arsenal has officially signed 20-year-old left back Cohen Bramall from seventh-tier Hednesford Town. Bramall impressed on a trial prior to Christmas and will join the club's U-23s with an eye on development for the future.
• West Ham is interested in a loan move for Michy Batshuayi, the summer signing who has fallen out of favor with Antonio Conte at Chelsea. The Blues were reportedly hopeful of using Batshuayi as a makeweight in a deal with Swansea City for Fernando Llorente, but the Belgian prefers a move within London to West Ham.
• Real Madrid has loaned Norwegian prodigy Martin Odegaard to Heerenveen for 18 months, giving the 18-year-old a chance to play after being buried on the bench at the Bernabeu.
• Holger Badstuber has joined Schalke on loan from Bayern Munich for the rest of the season. The German defender was touted as a possibility for Pep Guardiola and Manchester City, which is eyeing defensive reinforcements.
• Stevan Jovetic has joined Sevilla from Inter Milan on loan for the rest of the season. It offers a new lease on life for Jovetic, who made just five substitute appearances and hasn't scored for Inter in Serie A play this season.
• Stoke City has bid for West Brom's want-away forward Saido Berahino, but it's reportedly less than a previous Stoke bid and Tottenham bid, both of which were turned down within the last 18 months.
• Jurgen Klopp says Philippe Coutinho won't be leaving Liverpool despite links and reports of the Brazilian attracting interest from the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid.
• Mamadou Sakho is free to leave Liverpool, but the Reds will demand £20 million for him. Galatasaray, Sevilla and Southampton are reported to be interested in the out-of-favor defender.
Monday, Jan. 9
• U.S. international and Arsenal prospect Gedion Zelalem is reportedly nearing a move to Borussia Dortmund. Zelalem's contract with Arsenal expires this summer, and he has not been able to crack the first team under Arsene Wenger, save for some spot appearances in the last couple of years. Zelalem, 19, was born in Germany and spent time in a pair of German academies prior to moving to the Washington, D.C., area.
• Manchester City is reportedly not making overtures to sign Ivan Rakitic from Barcelona, despite speculation being fueled when the Croatian was left out of the club's draw with Villarreal over the weekend.
• Mesut Ozil's future at Arsenal depends on Arsene Wenger remaining with the club. Ozil is fully devoted to Wenger, who signed him, and the manager's contract expires this summer.
• Southampton's Jose Fonte will not play in the Saints' League Cup semifinal vs. Liverpool on Wednesday, fueling fire that he'll be off-loaded after handing in a transfer request. Manchester United is said to be interested.
• Olivier Giroud is close to signing a new deal with Arsenal. He still has 18 months left on his current deal with the Gunners.
• Bayer Leverkusen will reportedly look to sell Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez this summer, when he has a year remaining on his contract with the Bundesliga club. The Mexican forward hasn't followed up last season's consistent goal-scoring explosion, as he hasn't scored since Oct. 1 and has just five goals in 15 matches. He scored 17 in 28 league games a season ago. Leverkusen has not received any offers for him in this window and isn't likely to sell him in January, according to The Guardian.
• Robert Lewandowski's agent says the Bayern Munich star has been the subject of a world-record €200 million transfer offer from an unnamed Chinese Super League club that would have paid him more than €40 million annually and made him the highest-paid player in the world. Lewandowski isn't interest in leaving Bayern, however, and is signed with the club through 2021.
• West Ham has reportedly given up on signing Jermain Defoe from Sunderland during the January window after having a £6 million offer rejected. West Ham was said to have told Sunderland to name its price, but the relegation-threatened side will evidently hold on to its top scorer, as manager David Moyes says Defoe is not for sale. In another move, West Ham has also reportedly had a £3 million offer for Hull's Robert Snodgrass rejected.