The Dallas Cowboys (4-1) bring a four-game winning streak into a matchup with the New England Patriots (2-3) on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at Gillette Stadium. Dallas is a 3.5-point favorite in the contest. The over/under is set at 50.5 for the game.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Cowboys vs. Patriots
- Dallas and its opponents have gone over the current 50.5-point total in four of five games this season.
- New England's games have yet to go over 50.5 points this season.
- Sunday's total is 2.7 points lower than the two team's combined 53.2 points per game average.
- The 41.8 combined points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 8.7 fewer than the 50.5 total in this contest.
- The average total in Cowboys games this season is 52.6, 2.1 points above Sunday's total of 50.5.
- The 43.7 PPG average total in Patriots games this season is 6.8 points fewer than this game's over/under.
Cowboys stats and trends
- In Dallas' five games this season, it has five wins against the spread.
- The Cowboys have an ATS record of 3-0 in their three games as a favorite of 3.5 points or more so far this season.
- Dallas' games this year have gone over the total in four out of five opportunities (80%).
- This year, the Cowboys put up 15.6 more points per game (34) than the Patriots surrender (18.4).
- When Dallas records more than 18.4 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Cowboys average 439.6 yards per game, 122 more yards than the 317.6 the Patriots give up per matchup.
- In games that Dallas churns out over 317.6 yards, the team is 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Cowboys have five giveaways this season, while the Patriots have six takeaways.
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Dallas' matchup with the Patriots.
Patriots stats and trends
- New England has covered the spread on two occasions this season.
- The Patriots covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 3.5 points or more.
- New England's games this season have hit the over on one of five set point totals (20%).
- This season the Patriots rack up 4.2 fewer points per game (19.2) than the Cowboys allow (23.4).
- New England is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when the team puts up more than 23.4 points.
- The Patriots average 319.8 yards per game, 70.6 fewer yards than the 390.4 the Cowboys give up.
- The Patriots have turned the ball over nine times, three fewer times than the Cowboys have forced turnovers (12).
Home and road insights
- New England has covered the spread once at home, and is 0-3 overall there, this year.
- At home, the Patriots are winless ATS (0-1) as 3.5-point underdogs or more.
- In three home games this season, New England has not hit the over.
- Patriots home games this season average 45.5 total points, 5.0 fewer than this outing's over/under (50.5).
- Cowboys away games this season average 53.8 total points, 3.3 more than this contest's over/under (50.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.