The Dallas Cowboys (4-1) are 3.5-point favorites as they look to prolong their four-game winning streak in a matchup against the New England Patriots (2-3) on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at Gillette Stadium. The contest has a point total set at 50.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Cowboys vs. Patriots
- Dallas and its opponents have combined to score more than 50.5 points in four of five games this season.
- New England and its opponents have not yet combined to score more than 50.5 points in a game this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 53.2, is 2.7 points greater than Sunday's over/under.
- These two squads combine to allow 41.8 points per game, 8.7 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- The Cowboys and their opponents have scored an average of 52.6 points per game in 2020, 2.1 more than Sunday's total.
- The 50.5 over/under in this game is 6.8 points higher than the 43.7 average total in Patriots games this season.
Cowboys stats and trends
- So far this year Dallas is unbeaten against the spread.
- This season, the Cowboys have an ATS record of 3-0 in their three games as a favorite of 3.5 points or more.
- Dallas has eclipsed the over/under in 80% of its opportunities this year (four times in five games with a set point total).
- This year, the Cowboys score 15.6 more points per game (34) than the Patriots surrender (18.4).
- Dallas is 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games when it scores more than 18.4 points.
- The Cowboys average 122 more yards per game (439.6) than the Patriots allow per contest (317.6).
- Dallas is 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when the team churns out over 317.6 yards.
- The Cowboys have turned the ball over five times this season, one fewer than the Patriots have forced (6).
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Dallas' matchup with the Patriots.
Patriots stats and trends
- New England has covered the spread on two occasions this season.
- The Patriots covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 3.5 points or more.
- New England's games this season have hit the over on one of five set point totals (20%).
- This season the Patriots rack up 4.2 fewer points per game (19.2) than the Cowboys allow (23.4).
- New England is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when the team scores more than 23.4 points.
- The Patriots average 70.6 fewer yards per game (319.8) than the Cowboys give up per contest (390.4).
- The Patriots have nine giveaways this season, while the Cowboys have 12 takeaways.
Home and road insights
- New England has covered the spread once at home, and is 0-3 overall there, this year.
- The Patriots are winless ATS (0-1) as 3.5-point underdogs or more at home.
- New England has not gone over the total in three home games this year.
- This season, Patriots home games average 45.5 points, 5.0 fewer than this matchup's over/under (50.5).
- The average point total in Cowboys away games this season is 53.8 points, 3.3 more than this matchup's over/under (50.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.