Watch: Manny Pacquiao discusses training for Floyd Mayweather fight

Monday April 27th, 2015

Even at the age of 36, Manny Pacquiao is in peak physical condition, a testament to his relentless training methods. 

Pacquiao recently gave Nike a look inside his training regimen as he prepares for his much anticipated fight against Floyd Mayweather on Saturday.

"When I was 16 years old, I worked hard," Pacquiao said. "I trained, trained, trained, trained [the] whole day. When you’re getting older, you have to balance…balance your body. You have to give time for your body to rest."

• Mayweather vs. Pacquiao airing for free in Mexico​

"I love to have people around me while I’m training. But you have to prepare your mind, train your mind," Pacquiao said. "When you focus, you don’t have to worry about, ‘Oh, what am I gonna do? Maybe I’m not ready,’ or anything like that. But you have peace of mind and you’re ready to fight."

• BISHOP: Ten observations from Floyd Mayweather's training camp

Tickets for Saturday's fight sold out in less than a minute when they went on sale last Thursday.

The bout is expected to be the richest in boxing history, and both fighters are expected to make well over $100 million, with 60% of the purse going to Mayweather and Pacquiao taking home the other 40%.​

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.