Trevor Story continues to progress as one of the best shortstops in all of baseball, but is he worthy of a first-round spot in fantasy drafts?
Colorado Rockies shortstop Trevor Story is coming off another monster season in 2019 in Denver.
The 27-year old slugger hit 35 HR while scoring a career-high in runs with 111. The high run total was largely based on hitting in front of third baseman Nolan Arenado for 82% of his at-bats.
Story’s contact batting average or CTBA (.418) was the highest mark in his four years in baseball, but even with those improvements, he still continued to strike out at a high rate (26.5%).
Story’s current average draft position, or ADP lands him as the second highest shortstop off the board at pick number 10; right behind Francisco Lindor of the Cleveland Indians and Trea Turner of the Washington Nationals.
With plenty of protection and thumpers in the Rockies lineup, Story should continue his power surge during the 60-game season, with no cold weather likely coming in the middle of the summer in a batter-friendly ballpark in Coors Field.
Be sure to check the attached video as SI Fantasy analysts Shawn Childs and Ben Heisler break down the Rockies shortstop leading up to the 2020 season.
MORE FROM SI FANTASY
- Latest Dynasty Rankings
- Late Round-Flier: Justin Jackson
- Has D.J. Chark's Draft Value Jumped the Shark?
- Mid-Round Steal: Hayden Hurst
- Target Philip Rivers: Dirt-Cheap Backup
- Late-Round Flier: Preston Williams
- How Many Rushing Yards Will Melvin Gordon Have?
- Tennessee Titans Team Outlook
- Are You Going Back to the Well for James Conner?
- Browns WR Odell Beckham Will Reignite His Fantasy Dominance