By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
The New York Yankees made their first big move of the off-season on Monday, acquiring closer Aroldis Chapman from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for four minor leaguers. The lefty will presumably take over the closer’s role in the Bronx, with Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller slotted in the seventh and eighth inning roles.
Check out the last MLB rumors and news below.
• The Washington Nationals are looking to add an outfielder, reports Jon Morosi of Fox Sports.
• Cuban pitcher Yaisel Sierra, who defected to the United States back in April, has officially been declared a free agent, reports Chris Cwik of Yahoo Sports.
• Chat Sports: Big name linked to Royals as potential Alex Gordon replacement
• The Los Angeles Dodgers have been linked to pitchersWei-Yin Chen and Kenta Maeda in free agency rumors, reports Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times.
• Online sportsbook Bovada has listed the Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants as co-favorites to win the 2016 World Series at 6/1 odds.
• Free-agent lefty Scott Kazmir has narrowed his list of potential destinations down to the Kansas City Royals, St. Louis Cardinals and Washington Nationals, according to SB Nation's MLB Daily Dish.
• Chat Sports: Four classiest MLB fan bases
• The Detroit Tigers have been receiving calls about third baseman Nick Castellanos, reports Tony Paul of the Detroit News.
• The Cardinals signed righty Jeremy Hefner to a minor league contract on Monday, according to Matt Eddy of Baseball America.